TransitionTown Media invites everyone – residents, families, business and civic leaders, schools, and organizations to participate in a new tradition – Happiness Week, a borough-wide celebration of happiness!
We are planning fun events all over town, starting on Earth Day, Tuesday April 22nd, and continuing through the weekend. There will be street parties, kid events, business promotions and ‘happiness specials’, music and art events – and more!
We welcome you to create an event or work with us to co-create some together. Individuals and organizations can:
- Create or host an event
- Share the news about the Happiness Survey and Happiness Week in Media with your network
- Sponsor Happiness Week specials or promotions at your business
- Include your existing happiness-enhancing event in the Happiness Week events calendar so we can help you promote it
- Join us as an organizing partner
It all begins with the Happiness Survey
Studies indicate that communities that are values-driven and happy are ahead of the curve in terms of social, economic, and ecological strength. Many towns are using the Happiness Index Survey to gauge community well-being. It is an easily accessible, well-tested assessment created by the Personality and Well-Being Laboratory at San FranciscoStateUniversity in partnership with the Happiness Initiative in Seattle, Washington.
The Happiness Index Survey is a fun way to measures overall satisfaction with life, material wellbeing, environmental quality, governance, community vitality, cultural vitality, education and learning, physical health, time balance, psychological well-being and workplace experience. Take the Media Happiness Index Survey!
Examples of Happiness Week Activities
* Greater Media Play Day * Building Media in Legos! * Happy Hour specials * Neighborhood potlucks * Kite-flying * Play Ball! * Happiness Hikes * Art/Dance/Music * Family Fun * Discounts for happy products * Happiness Proclamation * Health and wellness events * Beautify your street * Teach something fun * Make people laugh * Trolley Party * Poetry slam * Music jams, sing-a-longs * Interdenominational events * Multicultural celebrations * Earth Day activities * Stress awareness * School-based happiness * Balloons, jugglers, clowns!
We hope you will be part of this fun event sponsored by Transition Town Media (TTM).
TTM is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to supporting the local economy and building community resilience. Visit us at www.transitiontownmedia.org.
For more information, contact us at Happiness@transitiontownmedia.org or call Rhonda Fabian at 267-235-7888 or Joni Carley at 610-566-9927.
Read more about Happiness Week in Media: