Transition Town Media is planning a “Green Sunday” holiday event on the afternoon of Sunday, December 2nd in the Media Community Center. In contrast to the well-known Black Friday and Cyber Monday, this event will celebrate the holidays in less consumer-centric ways. We will have two swaps areas — one for holiday decorations and supplies; and one for “regiftable” items. We will also have a series of small concurrent workshops in which participants can create a handmade gift (or gifts). Many workshop instructors will also be selling their handmade wares. And, of course, there will be tasty holiday foods to share.
We are looking for people who would be willing to lead a workshop (or two!) for children and/or adults as part of this event. If you are interested in leading a workshop, please email TransitionMedia@yahoo.com by no later than Wednesday, 10/31 and provide the following information as best you can.
- The name of the gift item to be made
- The amount of time needed for the workshop. Participants should leave with a completed gift item.
- The appropriate age range for participants. If for children, please indicate if an adult would need to attend to help them. (This is not intended to allow people to drop their children unattended, but an adult could possibly attend a concurrent adult workshop if the child’s craft could be made independently.)
- What materials are needed for the craft? Will you acquire materials in advance?
- What tools or other supplies (ex: round table, long table, hot plate) are needed for the craft? Will you provide supplies?
- Will participants need to bring anything? If yes, what?
- If you will need to acquire materials in advance, can any be acquired within our sharing/swapping group or method other than purchase?
- If you need to purchase materials in advance, what will participants need to pay to cover the cost of these materials?
- Is this craft related to your business? If yes, please bring business cards (or something similarly small) to share, but no larger promotional materials. Also, please let us know if you would like to sell some of your products at the event and what you would like to sell.
Workshop instructors will also earn TimeDollars for all of their prep, travel and instruction time. Not a TimeBank member? Talk to us about how the workshop could earn your membership.