Firehouse first responders will open our program 11:00 with important safety information. Firehouse recruiters will also be available for anyone interesting in volunteering. Cyclists can roll in from Jackson Street, see the firehouse, learn about safety and firehouse volunteering, and then make their own repairs under the direction of TTM’s volunteer bike mechanics.
Children and adults are invited to learn how to tune up a bike and make needed repairs including:
- checking and aligning wheels and tires,
- changing tires, patching inner-tubes,
- checking and adjusting brakes,
- checking and adjusting gears and chains, and
- frame, handlebar, seat and pedal checks.
Bring tools and repair materials you have. TTM mechanics will have tools on hand.