But what if you have a flat tire?… Loose chain?… Brakes don’t work?… Seat too high or other problems?
Transition Town Media is excited to announce TTM’s 2nd Annual Bike Repair Clinic. Participants will fix their own bikes and have fun learning along the way with support from TTM “gear heads” (also known as “bike mechanics”).
Join us Saturday April 25th, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, at the Media Community Center (4th and Jackson Streets.) Look for our balloons and sign at the ramp entrance. We will be there until 2 pm; arrive no later than 1:30 to allow time for your repair.
– Be prepared to learn by doing.
– We will start with a 10:00 sharp safety gear inspection.
– We will provide each participant with a road safety and tool kit list.
– Bring your helmet, other safety equipment, and tools (if you carry any).
– Stop by a nearby bike shop and buy a tire repair kit if you want to learn how to fix a flat – about $10.00 should cover the basic supplies if you don’t already have them in your road trip kit.
See you April 25th!