TTM Double-Batch Cooking for Transition Week
Here’s how it works:
1. Partner with a friend or neighbor;
2. Choose three or so recipes to double or triple, confirm shopping list with friend;
3. Select locally sourced, organic produce (to the extent possible): shop at Martindale’s, Swarthmore Co-op, any grocery store organic section; use the Forks Farm Buying Club Facebook Group to source grassfed PA-raised meat and produce;
4. Split the cost with your cooking partner; schedule and prepare your food together;
5. Take photos, send them to me, I will post them twice monthly on the TTM website.
This batch cooking process has been tried and tested by me and Donna C. during February. We scheduled ahead, cooked double-batches of hearty soup, corn-bread, salads and batches of cooked dry beans. Our sessions were about one and a half hour from start to finish.
One caution, especially for me it’s tricky trying to talk and cook at the same time, so stay focused!!