1501 Cherry Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
The self-organizing, ever-morphing Transition movement experiment in the Mid-Atlantic region is patterned after living-systems in nature.
This workshop highlights the essential inner work found within the Transition movement. It is designed to evoke thoughts of compassion, empathy and respect, as well as to generate conversations needed to transform consciousness.
“Inner Transition,” is the seed kernel at the heart of our movement. This workshop is accessible to any social change agent who is now or intends to travel the path of sustained self, group, community, and societal transformation.
The Overarching Goal is to catalyze the evolution of different networks of activity into ‘communities of doing’ that move toward humility-infused, change-agent systems.
• Explain the dynamics of ‘living systems thinking’ as being key to peacefully navigating the complexity of life with clarity.
• Brainstorm how we can deepen the social transformation we seek by applying living systems thinking to our work in an increasingly complex environment
• Demonstrate how skilful self-observation work at multiple scales can facilitate tapping into collective genius, and create systemic, (re)generative change.
By the end of the workshop, participants will the have tools to:
• Reframe the complexity of our problems as welcome challenges and opportunities for positive growth and transformation, and
• Learn to embrace the reality of perpetual uncertainty.
Suggested Donation: $20 to further the evolution of the Mid-Atlantic Transition Hub (MATH) and help cover the cost of the Transition Neighborhoods publication editor’s fee. Note: No one will be turned away for lack of funds!