125 W 3rd St
Media, PA 19063
The Transition movement is a global grassroots network of local communities taking positive and creative action toward local resilience. Neighbors unite to create a stronger community and improve economic well-being. This is accomplished by increasing local energy, food, and jobs, thus reducing oil dependency. In the face of multiple, complex challenges and change, the Transition Movement is a positive, thoughtful, engaging and effective response that helps people work together to improve their quality of life. Every community is unique and creates its own transition. The Transition Network enables us to share our experiences, strategies and solutions!
Transition Town Media is hosting a Training for Transition course that the Transition Network developed. This 15-hour course is an in-depth experiential introduction to the ideas, process, and practices that are inspiring this global movement and network. In the course, you will:
- Explore ways to increase community resilience
- Learn to describe challenges of energy supplies and costs, economic instability, equity and fairness, and environmental problems in ways that bring people together and inspire action
- Receive tools for community outreach, education and collaboration
- Learn ways to overcome obstacles that prevent communities from responding to the challenges
- Learn how to support existing leadership and expand the number and diversity of people involved
- Meet others in your region who share your concerns and want to transition to greater stability and security
- Become a part of a rapidly growing positive, inspirational, global movement!
Curriculum: The course describes how to initiate, support and facilitate community transition and greater resilience. It is full of imaginative and inspiring ways to engage your community, and delves into both the theory and practice of Transition that is helping thousands of communities in the U.K. and around the world.
Who should attend: People wanting to help transition their community to greater resilience and mutual support. People already creating a Transition Initiative who want to deepen their work, learn new skills, and make new friends! Seating is limited, so register now!
Cost: $125 before May 6; $140 afterwards. Lunch, refreshments and materials included. If the cost is prohibitive, ask us about a sliding scale. If you can donate extra money, your generosity will help those with low incomes to attend! Questions: Aleisa and Sari, firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 484.589.0581. Registration: Pay online at transitiontownmedia.org/donate (write ‘Launch training’ in Notes) or send checks made out to Transition Town Media to: 45 Paper Mill Rd, Springfield, PA 19064. Seating is limited, so register now!