A community dialogue on shared leadership for representatives of faith groups, local emergency management offices, representatives of local voluntary organizations active in disasters (VOAD) and other professionals and volunteers who seek to learn how best to respond to local disasters.
Together we will:
- Better understand the health and safety impacts of extreme weather related hazards and risks in our communities
- Share community challenges and priorities for risk reduction, prevention and mitigation.
- Explore strategies to minimize the occurrence, and harmful effects of extreme weather
- Raise awareness and seek agreement on roles and responsibilities of all community stakeholders to develop measures for preparedness, emergency response and resilience.
- Connect local first responders and members of the Southeast VOAD with volunteers in the faith community.
How can we minimize the occurrence and harmful effects of environmental emergencies?
How do we assure the most vulnerable are served?
Presenters and workshop leaders include:
- Nadine M. Bean, Ph.D., LCSW, West Chester University School of Social Work and the American Red Cross
- Alison Cornish, PA Interfaith Power and Light
- Debra Coyle McFadden, Assistant Director of the NJ Work Environment Council (WEC)
- Julia Menzo, Southeastern Pennsylvania Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters (SEPA VOAD)
- Bobbie Ridgely, Executive Director, A Future With Hope
- Janet Zeis, Volunteer Management Coordinator, Chester County Emergeny Services
5 CEUs available through West Chester University Graduate School of Social Work.
Sponsors: Eco-Justice Collaborative of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, West Chester University Graduate School of Social Work, Western and Concord Quarterly Meetings, Resilient Chester County (Department of Emergency Services), Pennylvania Interfaith Power and Light, and Chester County Ready for 100%.
Registration includes lunch.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
You can find directions here:https://www.wcupa.edu/campusmap/
There is free parking behind Sykes Student Union off W. Rosedale Avenue.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Contact us at email@example.com