Conserving and enjoying our Common resources
This group was born in the 2016 Annual Planning meeting from the confluence of Food / Water / Yardens and Reskilling groups. What resulted from the discussions and input is that we will now be called the Environmental Commons Group. The tentative mission statement is as follows:
“Our vision is to embrace food, water, and air quality conservation as well as finding ways to enjoy and utilize the resources and commons that we share”.
Key projects for 2016
- Focus on a broader scope to include initiatives and projects around food and water shed data
- Utilize date already captured by the DVRPC and the Borough
- Does Media have the cleanest water in the county, state, or country?
- Include events around “the great outdoors” – partner with the Heart and Soul Group for these
- Bring focus around the resources and commons that we share
- Initiate “Blue Community” objectives (a conservation initiative started in Canada)
Initially, members of The Environmental Commons Group will partner with the Heart and Soul Group and meet informally to participate in a number of fun gatherings. Activities will include outdoor activities, such as yoga and hiking, film screenings, book club gatherings, cooking and reskilling activities, song-writing, making music and drum circles.
Recent Environmental Commons Posts
Click Here to view the complete Environmental Commons post archive.