Your Skills Are Needed
Transition Town Media has an open, non-hierarchical, collaborative and supportive organizational structure made up of Working Groups (WGs) and a core Steering Group (SG).
We have monthly business meetings where the WGs report on their activities, hear other members’ ideas, discuss strategies, and get support as needed. We also hold monthly “being” meetings which serve to support members’ well-being, keeps burn-out in check, and helps remind us why we’re doing the work we do.
Administrative functions you could work on:
- Networking with local civic, religious, environmental and other non-profit groups, local business owners, local government agencies to find ways to collaborate with them
- Event planning and logistics
- Marketing, including event publicity, website content, newsletter articles, newspaper articles, social media postings
- Membership, including welcoming new members, acknowledging donations, recruiting new members
- Finances, including bookkeeping (tracking and reporting on donations and expenses), fundraising and grant writing, working with WGs to find new ways to raise money
How would you like to become involved? The Steering group is always looking for help in these areas. Please contact us if you would like to share your expertise (or learn to become an expert) in one of these functions.